Our longtime home at 118 Greenfield Avenue was sold last year and our lease expires on August 31, 2017. We were extremely lucky to secure a long-term lease on a spacious, 9000 square foot building just steps away, at 70 Greenfield Avenue. The location and space are perfect! Our new home will allow us to have all our classes, programs and rehearsals in one location-no more satellite studios. A significant amount of work is required to create a beautiful performing arts facility. A $750,000 Capital Campaign is underway to fund the improvements and with your support we will create a performing arts center to serve our community for decades to come.
Stapleton School Construction Blog
- Building Permit Issued (5/10/2017) - Town of San Anselmo issues building permit to Stapleton School for 70 Greenfield Avenue. It comes with a hefty “permit fee” of $16,430 to be paid to the Town.
- Plans Re-submitted to Town of San Anselmo (4/25/2017) - Our detailed plans for the remodel (54 pages in all!) were submitted to the Town of San Anselmo on Feb. 23, 2017. The plan check process is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. On April 14 (7 weeks later) we received the plans back with a request to clarify various items. Our architect and Continue Reading
- Chalked out the floor plan (4/1/2017) - Virginia, Sharon and Lily used a tape measure and chalk and chalked out the floor plan in the vacant warehouse. It was a lot of work, but it was so exciting! We were able to easily visualize the spaciousness of the new studios and better envision what it will be like in our new home! Continue Reading
- The public phase of our Capital Campaign gets underway (3/10/2017) - Dear Stapleton families and friends: What a year 2017 is shaping up to be, on many fronts! Amidst all, we have the performing arts - to challenge and inspire us, to give us hope and sometimes a needed escape. Thank you for your friendship and support of Stapleton School of the Performing Arts. We believe that now more Continue Reading
- Exciting News (11/15/2016) - Dear Stapleton families and friends: It is with great joy that I write to you with an exciting announcement. A few weeks ago we came to terms on a long-term lease for a new home for our school. The building, at 70 Greenfield Avenue, is steps away from our main studio and allows us to Continue Reading