Our longtime home at 118 Greenfield Avenue was sold last year and our lease expires on August 31, 2017. We were extremely lucky to secure a long-term lease on a spacious, 9000 square foot building just steps away, at 70 Greenfield Avenue. The location and space are perfect! Our new home will allow us to have all our classes, programs and rehearsals in one location-no more satellite studios. A significant amount of work is required to create a beautiful performing arts facility. A $750,000 Capital Campaign is underway to fund the improvements and with your support we will create a performing arts center to serve our community for decades to come.
Stapleton School Construction Blog
- Framing of interior walls is complete (7/21/2017) - Our new home is taking shape rapidly! The steel studs that frame the interior have all been erected. We can walk down the hallway and visualize the spacious dance studios, dressing rooms, seating nooks and restrooms. Watching this take shape is truly amazing and Virginia and I have to pinch ourselves each time we visit Continue Reading
- Making incredible progress! (6/28/2017) - Our contractor, Howard Construction, is moving quickly and making incredible progress! All the plumbing and sewer piping was laid and concrete poured in the lobby/office, hallway, changing room and restroom areas. We are so excited at how rapidly this is moving. We can't do it without your help. Thanks to everyone that has donated. If Continue Reading
- Building Permit Issued (5/10/2017) - Town of San Anselmo issues building permit to Stapleton School for 70 Greenfield Avenue. It comes with a hefty “permit fee” of $16,430 to be paid to the Town.
- Plans Re-submitted to Town of San Anselmo (4/25/2017) - Our detailed plans for the remodel (54 pages in all!) were submitted to the Town of San Anselmo on Feb. 23, 2017. The plan check process is supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks. On April 14 (7 weeks later) we received the plans back with a request to clarify various items. Our architect and Continue Reading
- Chalked out the floor plan (4/1/2017) - Virginia, Sharon and Lily used a tape measure and chalk and chalked out the floor plan in the vacant warehouse. It was a lot of work, but it was so exciting! We were able to easily visualize the spaciousness of the new studios and better envision what it will be like in our new home! Continue Reading